Statutes of DASR, Danish Association for the Study of Religions
Adopted by DASR's General Assembly in 2010
§1The name of the Association is the Danish Association for the Study of Religions.
§2 The Association is a member of the International Association of the History of Religions and the European Association for the Study of Religions.
§3 The Association is a private foundation with the purpose of facilitating scholarly exchange among the various Danish, academic institutions where the scientific study of religion is taught and practiced, as well as supporting and promoting the scientific study of religion nationally and internationally.
§4 The Association include arranging meetings and other ways of proliferating the achievements of scientific research:
- by arranging a symposium or other type of meeting at least annually;
- by aiming at publishing the proceedings of such symposia and meetings as well as other research results;
- by taking all appropriate steps to encourage and further the academic study of the History of Religions;
- by distributing information from the IAHR.
§5 Membership can be granted by the Executive Committee to all those who have a graduate degree from or are employed at one of the Danish departments or centres for the Study of Religion / History of Religions as well as others with a graduate degree and an academic interest in the History of Religions. Associate membership without voting rights or rights to office can be granted to students enrolled at the above mentioned departments and centres as well as other university students with an academic interest in History of Religions research.
§6 The ordinary General Assembly meets every other year before the end of November. The Executive Committee summons the General Assembly in writing no less than 3 weeks in advance. The summons must include an agenda as well as the names of candidates and substitutes for the Executive Committee. Proposals to the General Assembly by members must be sent to the Executive Committee no later than the end of September. The agenda must contain the following points:
- Election of the chairperson
- Election of the recorder of the minutes
- Adoption of the agenda
- Report by the President
- Submission of the accounts
- Setting the dues
- Election of the Executive Committee
- Election of the substitutes for the Executive Committee
- Election of the Accountant and substitute for the Accountant
- Any other business